No7 Contact Lenses: Student Support website
Developed by No7 Contact Lenses specifically with time-pressured practices in mind, ICON provides a refreshingly simple answer to your RGP fitting needs.
– ICON SV
Faced with an overwhelming choice of lens designs, materials and fitting techniques, today’s busy practitioners need a simple-to-fit, cost-effective RGP lens that delivers predictable results in the maximum number of patients, whether they’re new to RGP lens wear or accustomed wearers.
Enter ICON – the new lens that provides a reassuringly simple and convenient solution to your RGP fitting needs.
Now you can upgrade patients from older multicurve lenses with complete confidence. ICON boasts all the attributes of the leading multicurve lenses, helping to ensure excellent first fit success rates and reduced chair time. With its constant average thickness and constant tear layer profile, which is irrespective of lens power, predictability of fit is assured. What’s more, ICON facilitates excellent tear flow, ensuring easy lens removal whilst also maintaining ocular health for the patient.
The ideal option when you prefer to fit aspheric lenses rather than multicurve designs, ICON Aspheric uses an aspheric periphery for optimal patient comfort and adaptation.
– ICON SV
No7 recommends the Optimum rage of materials. Other materials available on request.
|Dk||XO=200, Range 6/EO=58, Range 3|
|Base curves||7.00-9.00mm in 0.05mm increments|
|Total Diameters||9.30 and 9.80mm on all powers|
|BV Power Range||-25.00 to +25.00D in .0.25 increments|
|Average Thickness||0.18mm across all minus powers|
– ICON SV
- Fitting to the flattest keratometry reading will provide an acceptable first fit lens, regardless of corneal radius
- Produces a consistent fluorescein pattern under the central zone with an approximate 0.5mm fluorescein band at the periphery. Movement of 1-2mm on blinking is ideal
- A flat fit (below)will show excessive movement and a fluorescein pattern demonstrating excessive peripheral standoff
- ICON designs maintain a CAT profile across the core lens powers
- Outside the range (- 11.00 to +16.00D) ICON back surface design can be applied but this will fall outside the CAT design criteria
- A steep fit (below) will reveal fluorescein pooling under the lens centre, inadequate peripheral standoff and reduced lens movement
- Larger lens diameters usually deliver better lens stability and centration, so 9.80mm diameter lenses will be supplied unless otherwise stated or requested by the practitioner
Figure 1 – Flat Fit
Figure 2 – Steep Fit
Figure 3 – Ideal Fit
Here to help
Got a question? Give us a call
At No7 we have a proud reputation for industry leading customer support. Our friendly and experienced Technical and Professional teams are ready to help and advise you on any contact lens design or fitting questions you have. You can reach them on: